Nothing like a themed dinner party to liven up a Sunday night. This one was done at random, but rest assured next Greek night will include Ouzo and outfits. Heres how take 1 turned out…… Shrimp kabobs, watermelon feta salad, olive scalloped potatoes, and grilled okra.
3-4 potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup assorted green, black, and kalamata olives sliced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tbsp fresh rosemary
1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a layer of sliced potatoes in the bottom of a baking dish.
2. cover layer of potatoes with 1/3 of the olive mixture, 1/3 of the garlic, and 1/3 of the feta.
3. Cover olive layer with another layer of potatoes and repeat 2 more times finishing with olives and feta on top.
4. pour chicken broth over layered potatoes and top with rosemary. Cover with tinfoil and bake 45 minutes. After 45 minutes uncover potatoes and broil for 5 more minutes.
5. Enjoy! This is my all time favorite way to prepare potatoes. If you like olives you will love these Greek style potatoes!
1/2 watermelon diced
1/4 cup feta cheese cut in to small chunks
1/4 cup sunflower seeds toasted
1 tsp salt
1 can black olives
2 cups chopped spinach
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir thoroughly, refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Both of the previous recipes went great with grilled okra (if you haven’t tried this light up the charcoal and get ready) and shrimp, pepper,tomato, and mushroom skewers marinated in olive oil with basil and oregano. Simple summer deliciousness. OPA!!!!